Monday, June 8, 2009

She will be missed.


Well my last post was about how awesome and happy my Monday was going to be. Sadly while My Mom and I were with my kids on the fieldtrip we got a call informing us of my Auntie's death. She was only 53, and it was a shock to my whole family. We are a very close, tight family so I am so thankful none of us had to grieve alone.

It still seems so surreal, that she won't be there at Christmas, or if I have a question about any type of animal, or how to cook this or that, or just to call her up to tell her I am thinking of her, and I love her. I realize even more so now how important it is to say I love you to your family, to hug them just a little bit tighter, and to never take them for granted.

To live in hearts we leave behind
Is not to die.
~Thomas Campbell, "Hallowed Ground"

1 comment:

Dawn Pritchard The Inked Stamper said...

I am so sorry for the passing of your Auntie, and glad you are not alone. If she is anything like you, she must have been a terrific woman.