I had to do an entire post for this amazing new line by SImple Stories Sn@p! Life. I think it is one of the funnest, most versatile, and most affordable lines out there right now.
It is perfect for Project life and believe me this line ALMOST makes me want to start up PL again after quitting back in May. Everything about it is fun and happy.
I created a few Layouts with it and a couple of cards. I found they came together so fast and easy, I literally created 4 of these pages in less than an hour. Love. Love. Love. If you want to score some of this happiness for own greedy crafty self Treasured Memories has the whole Shebang!
Would love to see links to other awesome projects made with this super awesome line! Have a super happy, colorful kind of day.
Well my friend and AVID blogger Lisa has asked me to participate in this Q&A sorta thang, so here goes nothin....
1. Favourite colour: Hands down turquoise
2. Favourite song: Right now the song repeatedly played on my itunes is Ho Hey by The Lumineers
Favorite Band: City and Colour/Matchbox 20
Favorite Artist: Jack Johnson & Pink (I have a hard time narrowing stuff down to just one)
3. Favourite Book (or magazine, if you're not a book-reader: I read a shitload of books all the time, again hard to narrow it down to just one. Anything by Augusten Burroughs he is amazingly funny and I can relate to so many of his memoirs and messed up life even though he is an alcoholic gay guy, but hey don't judge.
4. Favourite Blog: http://ashleyannphotography.com/blog/ This lady touches my life, I have never met her, but have followed her journey of adoption (no I sure as hell do not want to adopt), she is crafty, has the most amazing little family and her photography rocks. Highly recommended.
5. What are you most looking forward to this season? That moment when all the presents are wrapped, and you sit back with your mochocholatteyaya or whatever yummy drink you happen to be sippin on admiring the tree, listening to Christmas carols and enjoy the peace and tranquility. That is until either my husband or kids request some ridiculous thing of me, like finding the keys that are right in front of his face, or cleaning up an entire jug of milk that was just spilled all over the table.
In our society we are encouraged to buy whatever products we can afford and then throw them out as soon as the newest, and hottest thing comes on to the market. I am guilty for falling into this trap as well, especially when it comes to scrapbooking products. They make me happy, and I ALWAYS have really great intentions of using them up, but let's be real I end up hoarding my favorites and then they lose their awesomeness just a little and never get used.
I have been saying this to myself a lot lately. Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without! So in all areas of my life, my fridge, my pantry, my clothes, my kids clothes, cleaning products, shampoos & conditioners, all that stuff that we continuously buy more of even though we may not truly need it.
So I have been trying to use up my current stash of products that normally would be given to my 8 yr old, or a friend, or maybe even the garbage. I have been making a ton of cards this week with old leftover from my Studio Calico kits. It's amazing what some little scraps can make.
I encourage you to do the same, use your product! Just because it isn't the latest and greatest doesn't mean it isn't beautiful. Use it up. Itfeels great!
Well it's only been since July, jeez, give a girl some credit. I have realized that I pretty much kinda sorta suck at blogging, but I am pretty much all the time good at making lists so here we go...... My life in lists..... the good, the bad, the awesome.
Top ten things consuming my life right now:
2. Tea and lots of it
3. kids (high maintenance little buggers)
4. Online shopping
5. F%*&^ing laundry
10. The freaking elf on the shelf
Top ten things that annoy me right now:
2. People eating my salt and vinegar chips and only leaving half a handful in the bag
3. Slow drivers
4. South Common pre-Christmas traffic
5. The fact that my voice doesn't want to go back to non-cougar mode
6. Cupboard doors that are left open
7. Kids who fight over computer time
8. Assholes who wear their shoes into pools when there is CLEARLY 10 signs on the way to the dressing room NO OUTDOOR SHOES
9. Treadmill guilt
10. When Ray "Annihalates" me in Foosball
Top ten freaking awesome things right now:
1. My camera
2. Rivers amazing reading/writing skills
3. Getting our family photos done by the amazing Sheri @ Captureitphotography
4. New fun, fabulous and inspiring scrappy friends and an amazing scrapbook store to hang out at
5. I am done my deadline for another month
6. FINALLY going on a fieldtrip with Taylas Class on Friday (work usually prevents these things)
7. I have a new baby to love and buy stuff for (Congrats Sara and Schmelliot)
8. Scoring an awesome New winter jacket today!!! And it being the last one and on sale!
9. My killer foosball skillz
10. Good books and bubble baths
Top ten excuses for not blogging more than every 4 months
1. No time
2. No one reads this shit anyways
3. To busy scrapbooking
4. To busy watching Dexter
5. To busy yelling at people for eating my chips and leaving cupboard doors open
6. To busy looking for "NEW AND EXCITING" places to hide the freaking elf
7. To busy not going on the treadmill
8. To busy trying to make Team Canada for foosball
9. Carpal Tunnel
10. To busy reading Lisa and Nadines blogs (who actually blog like every. freaking. Day.