Friday, October 23, 2009

My hero


Just wanted to give thanks for my amazing, super beautiful Grandma. This woman is such an inspiration to me, and has taught me so much in my lifetime. Not only is she super crafty, the world's best cookie maker, and the best spoiler ever, she is also my friend. She is someone who knows me better than I know myself, she knows when I am BS'ing her, she knows when I am sad, and loves me always and unconditionally.

She has overcome so many obstacles in her life, abusive relationships, moving to a different country, substance abuse, being adopted, supporting her children even in dire circumstances. And she rose above it all, she survived and thrived when most people would have given up, and now this amazing lady makes Martha Stewart look bad. She is such a light in my heart, and my life, and she always brightens my day. I just wish we didn't live so far apart, I miss her so much. Might be time for a visit soon ;)jeg elsker deg Bedstemor (I love you Grandma)

No comments: